free website stats program Mufflers for a 1993 FLSTN Nostalgia | Harley Davidson Forums

Mufflers for a 1993 FLSTN Nostalgia

I sure do wish that these would work but my bike requires 2 mounting tabs per muffler. The ones shown here that have 2 tabs are located in the wrong place and the other has only 1 mounting tab.
I appreciate your help
:)
Jim

Muffler front - fishtail = 65689-89
Muffler rear - fishtail = 65381-89a
Part numbers are from 1993 and 1994 parts catalog
Having the correct part numbers may help in your search however if bike has been modified in the past the exhaust mount bracket may have been replaced at some point then these part numbers would not fit

Brian

Muffler front - fishtail = 65689-89
Muffler rear - fishtail = 65381-89a
Part numbers are from 1993 and 1994 parts catalog
Having the correct part numbers may help in your search however if bike has been modified in the past the exhaust mount bracket may have been replaced at some point then these part numbers would not fit

Brian

Thank you very much for the part numbers, I am sure that they will be a big help. Mystery to me as to why there 2 different part numbers when both mufflers appear to be the same. Does not seem to have had any modifications done to the way the mufflers are mounted.
Thank you again,
Jim

the mount tabs on the front muffler are to the rear of the muffler and the rear muffler has the mount tabs toward the front of the muffler the support bracket is mounted to the frame near the rear of the gearbox so the muffler mount tabs are in different places on each muffler
If you look at the third link in post from dbmg you will see the correct exhaust system for your bike

Brian

the mount tabs on the front muffler are to the rear of the muffler and the rear muffler has the mount tabs toward the front of the muffler the support bracket is mounted to the frame near the rear of the gearbox so the muffler mount tabs are in different places on each muffler
If you look at the third link in post from dbmg you will see the correct exhaust system for your bike

Brian

Wish these would fit, but they will not. Just called a buddy that also has a '93 Nostalgia and his mufflers have 2 mounting flanges and both mufflers, like mine, are exactly the same. Just this minute got a call back from a Harley dealer that was in business during the early and found a '93 parts book showing both mufflers with the same part # 65381-89A. This isn't going to be as easy as I first thought, but I am meeting a lot of nice people.

Sorry got it wrong on first check I have the 93 parts book right here and on further checking your bike has a different mount system from most softail models same as the fatboy and 2 mufflers same part number 65381-89A

Brian

Back