free website stats program Muffler's and my choices | Harley Davidson Forums

Muffler's and my choices

mikeeg911

Bought a new 2013 DWG and like the looks of the stock mufflers but want a little bit of a louder rumble. My question is should I buy different baffles for my stock pipes or go with new mufflers. Stuck between the Rush with the 2'' baffles or the VH.

Bought a new 2013 DWG and like the looks of the stock mufflers but want a little bit of a louder rumble. My question is should I buy different baffles for my stock pipes or go with new mufflers. Stuck between the Rush with the 2'' baffles or the VH.

Welcome to the Forum. Unless H D has changed the design of The OEM mufflers, you will have to replace them. The baffles are welded in, you would go through a lot of work to remove the baffles IMO

I installed Rush slash downs with 2 inch baffles this weekend on my 2012 FXDC and the sound is great. Low rumble and not too loud. Had em on my sporty with 1.75in baffles as well and these sound even better on the 96 engine.

Welcome to the Forum. Unless H D has changed the design of The OEM mufflers, you will have to replace them. The baffles are welded in, you would go through a lot of work to remove the baffles IMO

I believe the catalytic converter reduces the sound you're looking for in addition to adding more heat. IMO.

I have Rush 3" slip-ons with 1.75" baffles, on my softail. Loud but not too loud, like baby bear's porridge:D

What is the difference between 1.75'' and 2'' Rush mufflers; also will my heatshield above the muffler still fit.

thanks

What is the difference between 1.75'' and 2'' Rush mufflers; also will my heatshield above the muffler still fit.

thanks

0.25" couldn't let that one go. Seriously, those are the baffles inside the slip-ons. I did not see a 2" available on the Rush webpage when I ordered..btw..my slip-ons are slash out.

You should not have a problem with the heatshield because it covers the exhaust up to the slip-on.

thanks

The heat shields fit perfectly on the rush mufflers. The 2" mufflers have a little deeper sound and they are the size Rush recommends for best performance.

The heat shields fit perfectly on the rush mufflers. The 2" mufflers have a little deeper sound and they are the size Rush recommends for best performance.

Don't you mean baffles? The slip-on muffler is the entire assembly.

IMO, Rush is a good choice, and many H D dealers are selling these over the Screaming Eagle in house mufflers

Back