free website stats program mp3 | Harley Davidson Forums

mp3

2000classic

Anyone with the HD handlebar mounted mp3 player know if there is a size limit to the SD card you can use in it? I put 14 hours of music on a 2gb card and it will not play. Tried putting just one song on it, same thing. Had same problem with a digital camera once also. Found the device would not support that large of a card. Have a 512mb card in it now and it works just fine. So, how big can I go?

You might just have to use the ole trial and error method. Have you tried a 1gb card yet?

Sorry but I thought MP3 players came with a set size of Info they hold. I have a 8 GB R.C.A. Lyra I got at Walmart that is about half full with 300 songs on it. Now I'm switching to a mobil phone that has a built in MP3 player so I can charge the phone and listen to music as I cruise down the road. Life is good.

I bought a Sansa 4GB mp3 player, loaded 500 songs on it and have still got room for about another 150 songs. I just throw it in my lower fairing glove box while it's plugged in to my AUX input and I can listen to music for around 12 hrs without hearing a repeat.

My unit is the H-D unit that mounts in conjunction with the right hand controls. The manual does not say anything about a max size for the card. It does give a customer service # and e-mail. I sent them an e-mail and received the reply to call customer service at the same # that's in the manual! Ten minutes on hold is my limit. So looks like it's going to be easier to just pickup a 1gig card and give it a try. Thanks for your efforts guys!:)

I too called the customer service # and lasted 12min. I tried a 1GB and could not get it to play. Where did you get the 512MB SD?

I'm sorry, I picked it up several years ago when they were easy to find. Now the only place would be online somewhere. Thanks for letting me know that the 1gig does not work, won't waste my money on one.

I gotta 120 GB with 5000 songs on it that I mounted on my master cylinder resivoir with velcro, seems to work just fine.

... is a size limit to the SD card you can use ...? I put 14 hours of music on a 2gb card and it will not play. Tried putting just one song on it, same thing. Had same problem with a digital camera once also. Found the device would not support that large of a card. Have a 512mb card in it now and it works just fine. So, how big can I go?
There is a fair amount of confusion in this area since the makers of the technology have seen fit to not make a distinction in the physical aspects of the cards to match the distinction in the electrical specifications.

What you need is an SD card, not an SDHC card, which is evidently what you acquired. They look exactly the same but function differently internally.

Back