free website stats program mp3 cd | Harley Davidson Forums

mp3 cd

aunkster

I have a 2009 ultra classic ,I recently my first mp3 cd for the bike,only some songs seem to work and i find it scanning the way through the numbers only to play certain songs.
I dont have it on random and the cd does play in all other systems..Im curious if theres something else I need to do to the mp3 cd to get it to work.theres about 120 songs on the cd itself.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps not all of your songs are in MP3 format. If the CD plays any, it should play them all. Another possibility is that there are poor spots on the disk that your bikes player does not like but other players can deal with. The fact that the player scans the numbers could indicate a problem with the 'information' sector on the disk. Only guessing, good luck. It is nice to have 1 CD that lasts for hours.

Try using a CD-R type disc only, not the CD-RW's.. I say that as I had a CD-RW get stuck in the CD carousel on my Dodge charger...and it wouldn't eject. Had to have the entire unit replaced..so I stick with CD-R's on factory CD car/bike players.

Try re-recording your CD tracks, recording at a 2x speed - not the high speeds these burning programs can default to. It'll be a setting somewhere within the recording application.

See what that buys you. Be sure to stop back in and let us know if it fixed your problem. We're all diy'ers in here and always interested in what the fix was on issues.

I have the same problem on my 08. I've tried different discs, slow speed recording, and different software programs. The dealer has tried my discs on other bikes, and they work on some but not others. (The old "they all do that" response.) Some of the discs I've made would only play about 5 ouf of 120 songs, and some would not play the same song twice in a row. They all play with no problems in other players.

ITunes seems to work the best for mine, and record without creating separate folders for each artist. It still skips around like yours, but not as bad as discs recorded through Rhapsody, Windows Media Player, and Roxio.

My guess is that the HK system is extremely sensitive, and don't really like mp3 discs. I've had no problem with discs recorded in cd format. I'm sure it has nothing to do with wanting to sell add-on XM radio and iPod adapters :reyes

ipod

well i have given up on trying to make an mp3 cd that works so I purchased a ipod ,I was curious if there is a way to forward or skip songs using any of the control buttons on the bike and how people may have hidden the cord that goes to the auxiliary hole on the stereo?

Thanks

The Moco has an accessory that installs on the HK audio system that allows you to control an iPod through the radio controls, but it's pretty expensive. It also has an accessory cable that allows you to put the iPod in a saddlebag.

When I use mine, I have tried the H-D magnetic holder that holds it on the tank, and also used a handlebar mount. Both ways have pluses and minuses. As for the cable, there's not much way to hide it. I have heard of some feeding the cable between the radio and the fairing, and then routing it out along the handlebar. To me, it's much easier to just plug it in and then pull it off when I don't need it.

The Moco has an accessory that installs on the HK audio system that allows you to control an iPod through the radio controls, but it's pretty expensive. It also has an accessory cable that allows you to put the iPod in a saddlebag.

When I use mine, I have tried the H-D magnetic holder that holds it on the tank, and also used a handlebar mount. Both ways have pluses and minuses. As for the cable, there's not much way to hide it. I have heard of some feeding the cable between the radio and the fairing, and then routing it out along the handlebar. To me, it's much easier to just plug it in and then pull it off when I don't need it.

whats moco

Back