free website stats program Mounting saddlebags on a roadster, do I need the brackets? | Harley Davidson Forums

Mounting saddlebags on a roadster, do I need the brackets?

I have a new pair of bags. Looks like they are going to fit fine. I could tie the strings around various accesable parts on teh bike. I'd rather not spend the additional $80 for two little flimsy peices of metal. Do i need them or can I ride with the bags mounted alone?

Spend the money and get the needed brackets or you may be riding down the road and one of the bags will pass you up.:D

Those Boss Bags look great, however, if you'll re-read the original post, the man said he already has a "new" set of bags. Hence, my answer remains "yes." The qualifying factor, that the bags are the normal throw over type, bag supports are a positive addition.

Soft saddle bags will sag after a bit of use and to prevent the bags from fouling the rear suspension then support rails are required
The purpous of the support rails is not to take the load of weight but to keep soft bags away from the suspension wheel brake and belt
i cant think of a good reason for not fitting them

Brian

Back