free website stats program mounting reckless fairing on fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

mounting reckless fairing on fatboy

saintNH

I just got my new reckless batwing fairing and I followed the mounting instructions, but when I was done putting on the mounting hardware, the brackets on the fairing were about an inch too wide to fit onto the grommets. I called the maker of the fairing and he told me that because my bike is an 01 Fatboy, I would need to get the mounting hardware that Harley has changed to on the newer softails because they now have spacers in between the grommets and the front end. I called the dealer and they don't know what I'm talking about. Can anyone help? Part numbers? Anything?
WAP.gif

Go to the dealer and have the parts guy pull up an exploded view of the windshield assembly and look at the spacers you need, then order them or you can make your own.

I called them and had them do it. There are spacers at the top, but the bottom are part of the passing lamp bar they say. But what if you have no passing lamps? There's gotta be spacers.
WAP.gif

After calling and speaking with the owner of reckless and asking for part numbers for the spacers several times, I never received a return phone call with the info I requested, so I ended up cutting my own bolts and spacers and I must say, it looks as good as any mounting kit I could have bought. I am pretty unhappy with their customer service, but their product seems really good.
WAP.gif

Back