free website stats program Motors done....bikes ready for p/u!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Motors done....bikes ready for p/u!!!!

Called the dealer yesterday morning, and they finished up the 103 build on my new 2009 Street Glide. The temp was way below 0*C and I had an appointment in the afternoon. Checked the forcast and today looked much better, so I made plans to head to the dealer, 4hrs away, to p/u my bike in the am w/ a nice break in ride on the way home.
I wake up @ 6am this morning, and what do I find? 3" of snow on my truck!!!!
The plans for riding the bike home quashed, I decided that I was going down there and bringing it home anyways.
Got down to Red Deer about 1pm, go through pre-delivery inspection, talk w/ the engine guru, ect.....
Weather has smartened up down in Red Deer, 5*C and sunny, still chilly but I told the salesman, I'm going for a ride! He looked at me like I was kinda nuts, lol.
Suited up and headed out for a leasurely 90 mile ride around the back roads, had a few stops for cooling periods, made it back to the dealer just in time to use the lift to load the bike before closing. All and all a good day :D.
The motor runs strong and can't wait to get the break in done so I can get the dyno tune done! I will post the dyno results and the build details in a later post!
Oh, btw, I live in Alberta Canada, so snow in March really shouldn't suprise me but its been un-ussually warm for too long.
Canuk

Hello from Kelowna, BC. Sounds like you had a good day with your new ride. Congratulations, you will really enjoy it. I got a 2009 Road King Classic first of Sept. from Kamloops HD an already have almost 13,000km on it. We only had a couple of days of winter this year so has been a good one for riding. Shiny side up.

welcome to the 103 club. had mine done 2 years ago. real happy with it. 92 h.p. 92 torque. p.c.111, s.e. air filter monster mufflers. also 2 tons of chrome to slow it down.

Congradulations on your new build. I bought an Ultra from Red Deer last summer (Gasoline Alley Harley, best people and dealership that I have ever dealt with ), its a SE 95 big bore, with heads and all the other goodies. Engine was built by Hillbilly and all I can say "Its Awesome!!"
Put 7K since last July and am can hardly wait a couple more weeks to insure it.
I haven't even started it since Oct 16. Oh I miss that sound of the td Rienhearts!! The 103 build maybe in my future, but this baby, has all the power I can handle right now.

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

Yup she a Hillbilly built engine, lol. I spent probably an hour w/ Darren, aka Hillbilly, going over the bike and how he wants it broken in. He expects it to put out some good numbers, but more importantly he expects it to last for 80,000+ :D

now i am confused i had a 95 se put on last year just over 100 torque why do i have more with less ci

I think the final numbers depend on the tuner and how much they wanna tweek it. I dont have much experiences w/ tuning Harley's but I can only imagine it would be the same as snowmobiles and dirt bikes. You can get more HP out of an engine by running it closer to melt down, but idk for sure.

I get about 42 m.p.g. Could probably have higher dyno numbers but would lose gas mileage. At about 5 bucks a gallon up here I,ll stick with 92 horsies, good enough for me.:):)

That's is what I get on my 06 Ultra (95 SE). I thought your 103 should be a little better cuz its not working as hard. If I abuse it it drops to around 38 but that doesn't happen all that often (but fun). I suppose we have to wait and see what Crzy Canuk gets after break-in and dyno-ed.

Take care and ride safe eh!!:D

Congrats on 103. I ordered all the parts (crank, pistons new billet cam plate, 44mm SE carb, SE intake etc etc) to do mine. Wasn't planning on doing it till fall but ...heard a bit of bottom end noise and decided to get her done before we leave on this summers road trips. Already have a Baker 6 speed so can't wait to feel the difference in power. Will post my build as I get it done. Again congratulations. :D

Back