free website stats program Motorcycle Shipping | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Shipping

fiveoh455

I'm looking for reccomendations for a Motorcycle Shipper. I'm going to be sending a Road King Classic to my son in Montana, where he is serving in the U.S. Air Force.
Obviously I'd like the best of all worlds..good price, safe transport etc. I've checked all the Shippers I could find online...just wondered if anyone has a suggestion.
Thanks!!

Your looking at about 1500 miles. Maybe we can do some kind of HDTimeline relay. Person "A" rides the bike a few hundred miles to meet person "B" who then rides a few hundred to person "C" and so on till Montana. Bike would probably be in better hands this way vs some corporate shipper.

Your looking at about 1500 miles. Maybe we can do some kind of HDTimeline relay. Person "A" rides the bike a few hundred miles to meet person "B" who then rides a few hundred to person "C" and so on till Montana. Bike would probably be in better hands this way vs some corporate shipper.

This sounds like a great idea...BUT...how does each person get home again after handing off the bike? You'd have to have a second person involved following along in a car, I guess.

Being that your son is Active duty he maybe entitled to have the bike shipped to him for free. Have him contact the TMO (traffic Management Office) at his base.

Another idea is talk to the HD dealer near you about shipping the bike to the closest HD dealer near him.

Tony

As I understand it, the TMO program is for when you make your first move to a base following Tech School, OR if your base assignment is changed. He's been in 6 years, so I'm not sure if he could get it shipped that way or not. I will have him check though. Your idea about the HD dealers is a good one, I'll check that.

Being that your son is Active duty he maybe entitled to have the bike shipped to him for free. Have him contact the TMO (traffic Management Office) at his base.

Another idea is talk to the HD dealer near you about shipping the bike to the closest HD dealer near him.

Tony

Dealers will crate and ship to another dealer, if you are a HOG member you may qualify for a discount

Check out uship.com. uship is an online auction where you place the item you want shipped up for bid by independent professional movers across the country. Before accepting a bid from a shipper you have the ability to question references, credibility, experience, insurance, etc.

Check out uship.com. uship is an online auction where you place the item you want shipped up for bid by independent professional movers across the country. Before accepting a bid from a shipper you have the ability to question references, credibility, experience, insurance, etc.

I've always worried about uship since you will always get the low ball shipper. Having good insurance on your bike is key too. Make sure you can buy something from the shipper and also if your bike insurance will also cover damage during shipping. That way you are covered for deductibles and extras.

we have a cookie cutter chopper at work that has been shipped. i have asked our shipping department for the vendor. once i get it i will post it for you, sounds like they were all very impressed with them. i have no idea of the cost

Back