free website stats program Motor Mount Upgrade for 2007 XL 1200 Sportster Custom? | Harley Davidson Forums

Motor Mount Upgrade for 2007 XL 1200 Sportster Custom?

jrosmos

Hello, does anyone know if there is an upgrade for the motor mounts on a 2007 XL 1200 Sportster Custom? I am trying to smooth the ride out from vibration, anyone have any thoughts? If so please let me know.
Thanks, Rick

Kinda strange, don't know of any vibration problems with later models with the "dogbone" motor mount designs that started on my 2004 XL1200R. I would check and see if mounting bolts have loosened up or something allowing engine or exhaust to contact frame transferring vibration. Do you have a service manual and have you looked in the Self Help Tips and Search tabs for "Service Tips" and "critical fasteners" list ?

No upgrades available. I posed a while back that mine developed vibration issue after dumping it . Tried Drag Specialty mounts and they were way worse, very hard rubber and shook my eyes out.

You can try to change the mounts but not likely to improve anything.

You need to confirm primary chain is at proper tension, drive belt proper tensin. Then look at steering head, make sure adjusted proper and also look at all engine mount bolts. Re torque all.

Mine imporved a little after i changed the front mounts but could have been due to everthing else I did. such as I found steering head bolt way too tight. Still want to rule out fork issue. and possible front wheel bearing.

As I always preach, You will most likely find lots of issues so do not stop with just one. Check everthing.

Back