free website stats program More leg room | Harley Davidson Forums

More leg room

1st harley

I have a 02 Standard and I put a new HD sundowner seat on it, for a better ride for me and my wife. Put now i feel cramp, like it push me forward and I need more leg room. My knees are higher then my hips. So I was thinking about getting an extended forward control. Need help with which one to get and how far to push them out. Looking for ideas and opinions.

I fitted the hd kit to my 92 softail that is the extended reach kit
it was mainly just a case of removing all the controls and their mount plates fit the new mount plates and fit the controls back on for gear selection a longer rod is supplied in the kit however the brake was a wee bit different in that the brake master cylinder is relocated from the frame to the new mount bracket and this required a longer brake line which was in the kit would have saved a lot of time and effort to have a longer rod and leave the master cylinder where it is
some other kits have a longer brake rod

Brian

I have an 03 FXST and a sundowner seat. I got the 3" extension kit from J & P cycle catalog soon after I bough the bike.
I am 5'11" overweight and with a bad back, I have rode the bike over 83k and will keep going.

the guy i bought my bike from was 6ft 2 or a bit more. he put 3in extensions on, i thought i would have to take them off but no. very comfortable on a 98 softail. i am 5ft 10, rear brake took a bit of getting use to but no problems

the guy i bought my bike from was 6ft 2 or a bit more. he put 3in extensions on, i thought i would have to take them off but no. very comfortable on a 98 softail. i am 5ft 10, rear brake took a bit of getting use to but no problems

I'm about the same height as you or perhaps 1/2" shorter and after i put on the extended forward control kit i found it just a wee bit awkward to get at the brake pedal so i fitted an iso extended brake pedal and i was sorted

Brian

I'm about the same height as you or perhaps 1/2" shorter and after i put on the extended forward control kit i found it just a wee bit awkward to get at the brake pedal so i fitted an iso extended brake pedal and i was sorted

Brian

i have been looking but haven't found anything yet, so i was thinking about taking the it our machinist and giving the pedal a bit of a bend back towards the foot peg. if not just have to wear my think sole boots. do you have a link for the iso extended, and will it fit a 98?

This is the one i fitted to the dyna as it came with the extended controls fitted it extends the brake pedal further out from the bike and just makes it easier to reach
i have the shorter version on the softail but perhaps the longhorn would have been better
Longhorn ISO®-Brake Pedal Pad | Küryakyn

Brian

Back