free website stats program more fuel for engine? | Harley Davidson Forums

more fuel for engine?

glimmerman

had new cams installed on the rk couple months back. se 203's. noticed great increase in power but now engine feels like its lugging at 2200. runs great at 2500 and up. also noticed some preignition when loaded 2 up at 2300. will more fuel help here. just running the st 1. se aircleaner choked up touring pipe 1 step up from stock (quiet). thinking about octane booster but would like to not have to remember it at fill up. took off pc III because it went crazy. thanks, kev.

had new cams installed on the rk couple months back. se 203's. noticed great increase in power but now engine feels like its lugging at 2200. runs great at 2500 and up. also noticed some preignition when loaded 2 up at 2300. will more fuel help here. just running the st 1. se aircleaner choked up touring pipe 1 step up from stock (quiet). thinking about octane booster but would like to not have to remember it at fill up. took off pc III because it went crazy. thanks, kev.

Consider the TFI. Simple plug-n-play fueler. Discount from Dobeck for members here or better discount for Services.

Check it out:

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

engine was backfiring through a/c, emitting exhaust explosions, no power, stalling, and engine shut-off. engine would idle but that's it. disconnected and engine ran fine on ecm. trying to avoid "sentence enhancers" that would encounter a wagging finger or sharp rap to the typing knuckles.

engine was backfiring through a/c, emitting exhaust explosions, no power, stalling, and engine shut-off. engine would idle but that's it. disconnected and engine ran fine on ecm.

So in other words the darn thing went Crazy!:p.. I see.

I can tell you that using octane boost on a continuous basis won't be good for the engine.

i would concur. next question then. since i ride and rarely go over 4, prefer shifting at 3, how do i go about setting this tfi. just read the instructions and looks good and simple. plenty of tools and had the tank off before. setting accellerator on the yellow seems a bit seat of the pants. red, for main jet, where does this leave me hardly ever into the screaming zone? mileage is running low 40's now was mid to hi 30's w/pc.

I would post that question under "TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck" and get the answer from the Pro's direct.

I have not used a TFI myself but they do sound like the Ticket. I learned about them too late in the game or else I would be using one.

Reddy Kilowatt haven't seen him in years.

just called tech support and got the scoop. exact setting and how much to tweek for more power. now to order and save an engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev,

Just looked a little harder at your info. This is a '10 bike. Don't you think you should work with HD to try to have them get the engine running correctly before spending more money on it? The cams and other stuff you have done to it SHOULD NOT degrade performance. I would be worried about whomever did the up-grades doing a bit of a sloppy job on stuff. Have you searched for an intake leak? But that is something to discuss with the Dealership. After what you have done, I would be talking to the Service Manager or the Dealership Manager directly.

TQ

Last edited:
Back