free website stats program More bad news | Harley Davidson Forums

More bad news

gs34

This just released.
"Harley to cut 1,100 jobs as 4Q profit falls"
You can read the article almost anywhere that has financial news.

Do you think H.D. dealers will get real and negotiate below M.S.R.P., the way car dealers do?

They are around here and offering big incentive packages if you buy a new bike plus $250 store credit if you bring in a friend that buys a bike

I just put a deposit on a 2009 Road King Classic through exchange auto sales in Okinawa, Japan.

If it were not for the military discount I have to admit I would wait, but I have a little Iraq money burning a hole in my pocket.

Should be delivered in June when I get back.

Semper Fi,

Snuffy

Do you think H.D. dealers will get real and negotiate below M.S.R.P., the way car dealers do?

I have NEVER paid MSRP at the Harley dealers... you have to be serious and reasonable and back up what you say. My 2007 was purchased 20 miles from my home dealer because they were sticking to their price. When it was time to purchase my wife's bike again I got the best price from the dealer where mine was bought then went back to my dealer. After what they said was the bottom price I stood up to leave and said I guess I will buy another one from --------. Then they agreed to my offer and we left with the bike 2 hours later. Remember they will not sell for a loss but I want the lowest price possiable and I support my dealer giving them my service and all the other junk I buy there.

CHICAGO, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG.N) said on Friday that restructuring its operations to cut costs would cost it between $110 million and $140 million over the next two years.

During a conference call with analysts and investors to discuss the company's latest earnings, executives said they expected 75 percent of those restructuring costs would result in cash charges against earnings.

Harley said that most of the charges -- between $80 million and $100 million -- would be taken in 2009.

Earlier in the day, Harley reported a sharper-than-expected drop in fourth-quarter earnings and said it was taking several actions to cut costs, including plant closures that would result in the firing of 1,100 workers, or about 12 percent of its total workforce. (Reporting by James Kelleher, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)

I want a blonde UltraGlide with bob-tanks and pink gascaps, and split-tail pipes...:bigsmiley18:

Happy Motorin'! -F-

THAT does not fall in the catagory of bad news...more like WISHFUL THINKING IN FL...

I saw the same story earlier in the day. Perhaps this restrucuring will be for the better. Consolidate some plants and functions. I wonder what they will cut back on? Has anyone heard?

Back