free website stats program Mopeds: To Wave or Not to Wave | Harley Davidson Forums

Mopeds: To Wave or Not to Wave

hyfax

Why does waving at people on mopeds feel a little like kissing your sister (the ugly one)? Why do we wave at each other? Isn't it because we share a common interest that cannot be fully understood by those who have never tried it?

Aren't mopeddlers enjoying the wind in their hair and the rumble of their "pipes" just like us? I saw one guy that had to weigh in at about 430 pounds riding a moped, and he seemed to be enjoying himself every bit as much as me.

I don't know why it feels funny, but, just like kissing my ugly sister, it will eventually feel right.

Because as children we didn't have cable TV. Sorry, but I'm even starting to make myself a little sick. It sounded much funier in my head.
"I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.":newsmile042:

Last edited:
When I'm in a good mood, I wave at anyone who catches my attention - motorcyclists, bicyclists, pedestrians, cagers and their passengers, road workers, crossing guards, dogs, funny billboards - you get my drift. It helps dispel the stereotype of the "bad boy, mad at the world" Harley rider. Of course if you fit that stereotype, don't wave at anyone and keep scowling!

After I finished the rider-ed course,Our instructor congratulated us and told us we were part of an exclusive club And to show that,we should wave at everyone on 2 wheels.(But, he said "the Harley Riders probably won't wave back,they're pretty much snobs")When I got my first bike,A Honda Rebel 250,I waved at everyone and sometime HD riders waved back(maybe because I'm a girl) and sometimes not. Since I started riding the Sporty,I wave at EVERYONE(not bicycles) on two wheels.I know now what a cool club this is and we all deserve the same respect just for being out their dodging those 4 wheelers.

Think of mopeds as a motorcycle kindergarten!These riders -at least a proportion of them-will graduate to a "real" bike and thus be worthy of recognition by other "real" riders.Heaven knows,some of them may even buy a Harley.

Acknowledge any powered 2 wheeler.On a moped and their car licence,they're a part time rider with a foot in the door.

Reckon I'll have to wave especially since my wife bought herself a likkersickle!:bigsmiley25:

Bad thing is I have to ride it to the mall for her so she can practice til she gets her permit.:bigsmiley25:

I'm usually so glad to be riding that I'll wave at anybody riding anything.....Heck I don't care..... neither should you.......now.....Let's ride!!....

You all make some good points. I'll wave to 'em. ........and I'll work on the sister issues.

I work with a moped rider who happens to have a almost new Harley sitting in his living room. Maybe we share more in common with them then we thought.

Back