free website stats program Monster Ovals Chrome Blistering and Flaking | Harley Davidson Forums

Monster Ovals Chrome Blistering and Flaking

rob7711

Hi All ... I wish to enquire if anyone here has experienced any form of chrome blistering and flaking on their V&H Monster Ovals? Both my MO's end caps are beginning to blister and flake real bad and they are less than 6 months old. The flaking also appears at the exhaust end too. My bike is only washed down with water and some mild detergent and I have never used any other cleaners on them. Do you think this is a defect and can I make a claim for this? See pics below ..

Right Hand Side Pipes
resizeofimg0171.jpg

resizeofimg0174.jpg

resizeofimg0176.jpg

Left Hand Side Pipes
resizeofimg0178.jpg

resizeofimg0179.jpg

Hobbit .. I have written to the dealer that i purchased the MO from and I have also sent the same to V&H. I have read V&H's warranty statement and it appears that they only provide a 90day warranty. How long was your problem and did you manage to get a replacement under warranty? Thanks.

Rob7711: I PMed you an email to V&H to the rep that helped me out get some replacement parts. I'm not sure if that will help, but a personal email @ V&H might get some quicker attention.

Ride safe and have fun.

Thanks bro grillfish ... I am happy to report that I have received positive response from both V&H and my dealer and they will send replacement for the end caps. Cheers!

Glad to hear they are helping you out. The V&H product has always been high quality in my book and the customer service has always been outstanding too.

Back