free website stats program Modulating Passing Lights on a Bagger? | Harley Davidson Forums

Modulating Passing Lights on a Bagger?

Rod Stewart

Hi all, it's been a while since I was last on the forum. Hope all you fellow bikers are doing well out there.
So I have an 04 EG Classic and I have had the Kuryaken Panacea rear led brake and signal light system installed for a few years. Many folks have told me the brilliant flashing led brake light is very visible and hard to miss. (Unless of course you are texting, lol.)
I recently converted my headlight and passing lights to leds and they are a huge improvement. I got to thinking that a flashing light on the front would be great for visibility and I see that Signal Dynamics make a headlight modulator that does just that. But from the videos it looks a little too fast and kind of a bit too metric to me. What I think would be neat is a flasher module that connects into the wiring inside the fairing and flashes the passing lamps alternately. It would need to have a daylight sensor so that the flashing ceases after dark, so as to meet DOT requirements.
Does anyone know if such a system exists? If not I am pretty sure I can develop it from scratch.

Later,
Rod

I think with alternately flashing the lights, you are going to get some negative attention of the police. I do not think it is legal in a lot of states.

Well I got it done and installed. Designed and built my own circuit board, installed it without modifying any of the bikes original wiring. Here is a pic of the module ready to install. I have a short video as well, but I don't seem to be able to upload it. The module fits inside the fairing no problem at all. I also have a small selector switch in the instrument panel that I can use to set the lites to flash, or steady, just like the OEM setup. I am very happy with the operation.
Time will tell if I get any "negative attention", LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 18
I do believe that in the USA, you'll get lots of negative attention from the police departments, but a least you'll be seen!!

Well I got it done and installed. Designed and built my own circuit board, installed it without modifying any of the bikes original wiring. Here is a pic of the module ready to install. I have a short video as well, but I don't seem to be able to upload it. The module fits inside the fairing no problem at all. I also have a small selector switch in the instrument panel that I can use to set the lites to flash, or steady, just like the OEM setup. I am very happy with the operation.
Time will tell if I get any "negative attention", LOL.

Rod, I have been asking for the last few years for what you have created. It is exactly what I want on my 2004 Harley Ultra Classic. How can I get hold of you? I want it on my Harley. Wendell

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod, I have been asking for the last few years for what you have created. It is exactly what I want on my 2004 Harley Ultra Classic. How can I get hold of you? I want it on my Harley. Wendell

Hey Wendell,
I haven't seen Rod on this site for a very long time. He may not be active any longer.

Back