free website stats program Mobil 1 vtwin in a new bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Mobil 1 vtwin in a new bike

HOLY DIVER

I've always ran mobil1 vtwin and had planned to run it in my 2014 Fatboy. Goofing off on the web yesterday I ran across a site that claimed new bikes with catalytic converters have to have jaso ma2 oil. I can't find this rating on a bottle of Mobil vtwin oil. Is it safe to run in my new bike? I see AMS oil has the jaso ma2 rating
WAP.gif

I do believe those numbers and letters are more related to clutch than the motor, you should be good to go:s

My Brother ran the Mobile vtwin in his new bike,Ive been a amsoil user from way back,never had an issue even in hot weather,my Brother also has never had an issue...so maybe it's a matter of choice,but I just stick to the tried and true...Mobile one is a top performer and a bit cheaper than amsoil but I like the rating of ams better...

I believe you are correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always ran mobil1 vtwin and had planned to run it in my 2014 Fatboy. Goofing off on the web yesterday I ran across a site that claimed new bikes with catalytic converters have to have jaso ma2 oil. I can't find this rating on a bottle of Mobil vtwin oil. Is it safe to run in my new bike? I see AMS oil has the jaso ma2 rating
WAP.gif

What you don't know can't hurt you...Pretend you never heard of the JASO MA2 (Japanese rating).

If it was the Japanese Motorcycle standards instead of the Japanese Automotive standards,I would pay more attention.Most of Us know not to use Automotive oil in motorcycles.When owner's manual states JASO,then I will be concerned.Until then,in goes the Mobil 1 V-twin.

What is Harley's "synthetic" oil rating? That would be the standard to compare to. I believe Jack has it right with the JASO rating being related to the clutch and I think it would be more critical with an engine/tranny same-sump application.

Here's another explanation.
JASO MA and JASO MB classifications - oilspecifications.org

:s This is exactly what it is, if you are not running it in your primary do not worry, even Castrol is labeled this way now and it is for air cooled American V Twins

Just didn't want to clog the catalytic converters up was my only concern. I may change to aftermarket with no cats one day but right now I'm kinda digging being able to hear myself think. ..........these engines sure do run good with the proper back pressure
WAP.gif

Back