free website stats program MMI refresher classes | Harley Davidson Forums

MMI refresher classes

bikerfishman

Just wondering if any MMI grads out there have ever gone back to the school for refresher classes.
It states on there web site that they are free if you have taken that class before and are a grad.
I graduated in 95 but have been in and out of the industry since that time and would like to go back and free would be great.
In 95 I took early and late model which at that time things were pretty primitive.
I plan on calling the school but would like to here first hand if any one has taken advantage of there offering.
Thanks

Completed course back in 1988 & never took any refresher(s). There was a recent post where someone asked if people practice driving tactics & how often - there were some good responses. You might want to search for it...

Think there might be some misunderstanding about my post, MMI is the motorcycle mechanics institute, they are a Harley Davidson certified school to become a technician, located in Orlando FL, and Phoenix AZ.
Sounds like the replies I have received are about rider safety courses.

Think there might be some misunderstanding about my post, MMI is the motorcycle mechanics institute, they are a Harley Davidson certified school to become a technician, located in Orlando FL, and Phoenix AZ.
Sounds like the replies I have received are about rider safety courses.

OOps, my bad - I'm not a "cert" mech...:small3d023:

I am not a MMI grad but have been sent there for a week long class a couple of times through my indealership trainning program, any MMI grads I have worked with have went back for trainning but was paid for by the dealership, I think that is what MMI might be calling a refresher class

I am graduated from wyotech in fremont california' and they toll as that we can take free
refreshment classes at any time, How true that is? I will find out in few year.the only thing that have change sanse you graduated is fuel injeccion.

Ya I am pretty sure MMI has the same deal, I called the school yesterday and got a message and the guy returned the call while I was out side this morning so I have to start over on that.

Fuel injection is huge to me, I would like to base a shop off a dyno and reasonably priced tuning.

Just out of curiosity what type of scan tool do the dealerships use and were can they be obtained? And are they similar to the obd that the automotive field uses.

Ya I am pretty sure MMI has the same deal, I called the school yesterday and got a message and the guy returned the call while I was out side this morning so I have to start over on that.

Fuel injection is huge to me, I would like to base a shop off a dyno and reasonably priced tuning.

Just out of curiosity what type of scan tool do the dealerships use and were can they be obtained? And are they similar to the obd that the automotive field uses.
don't know much about what the automotive field uses but the stealerships are using the digital tech which is a laptop computer that has to talk to harley once a week to stay active, kent-moore does make a mobil tech that is hand held, will not do all the digital tech will but is a very cool scan tool. you might talk a out of town stealership into selling you one, kent-moore will only sell these tools to stealers, mobil tech runs about $2,500.00. i use the old out dated scanalizer tool, still reads new bikes, just can't do all the tests or program fobs. if the bike your working on has a supertuner installed you can read all the sensors and trouble codes with that also you can drive the bike and record up to 15 min, come back to your garage plug into your computer and see what all the sensors are doing while riding including spark knock. the new super tuner will even make sugustions on where your fuel map might needs changes and lets you make them.

Update: MMI refresher classes

Talked to the people down at the Orlando campus and they said the refresher courses for the classes I took before would be free but there is a $95.00 lab fee per class think its 3 that I took 15 years ago then another 3 months of new classes to be current for a total of 6 months. Price is unknown at this time for the last 3 months at this time but they said they would get back to me.

Sounds pretty fair to me.

I am also looking for information on whether they have refresher training at MMI as well. I have been out of the industry for a few years and really want to get back into it.

Back