free website stats program Mixing D401 & D402 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mixing D401 & D402

nramike

I have a D401F on the front. The guy at the shop wants to put a D402 on the rear. Is this OK? I am riding a 98 Dyna Superglide and do mainly highway miles. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I have a D401F on the front. The guy at the shop wants to put a D402 on the rear. Is this OK? I am riding a 98 Dyna Superglide and do mainly highway miles. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Usually folks get about 2x rears to each front. Is the front new? If not, would it make sense to match the rear to the front this time, and change them together next time around? Most of the manufacturer's sites will advise NOT to mix brands or styles.

TQ

Front has about 1000 on it.

Then I would put another D401 rear on the back and plan to swap them both to different style/brand next time the rear tire is worn out (assuming the front does NOT wear out prematurely).

TQ

Last edited:
TQ has you covered, stick with the D401s match in the rear, so if you can decide what changes you want that match your riding style. Most people go two rear changes for every front, so you are about where most riders experience regarding tire life.

Back