free website stats program Missing Screw | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing Screw

Nautilus

Banned
Hey fellas,sorry out the foul language before and since my post got deleted for the snappy not so adequate title I have to rewrite.

The thing is simple,I need to find ascrew that would fit a 1995 fatboy rear fender. Which screw is it? well...it's the screw that holds the passenger pillion to the fender. I tried my dad's 2005 Road king to see if I could use it to go buy it, but did not fit. I tried the threadline of the license plate screws and same result,won't fit! I've run out of screws! can someone give me a more accurate spec about itbefore I have to buy a bag full of them to try out?

thnx for the input but, is the screw standard for all models or do I have to ask for a year specific screw?

in my first post about this that got deleted, someone had answered that the screw from the battery should fit, I just found about the replyin my inbox and went to try that out

IT WORKS! now I just have to go and buy one with the same thread and better finish.

thnx a lot for ur help though :s

On my 3 bikes im pretty sure its 1/4" unf that holds the seat on same size and thread as bolts that hold the sissy bar to the side plates
and as my bikes are early 90s think yours may be the same

Brian

Well Sir if the battery screw fit then it would be 10 mm because you said the lic plate screw did not fit 1/4'' (close but no cigar)

Well Sir if the battery screw fit then it would be 10 mm because you said the lic plate screw did not fit 1/4'' (close but no cigar)

the lic plate screw will be 1/4" unc course thread the seat screw if 1/4" unf fine thread if a 14" unf nut is a bit worn then it may be possible to get a 6mm screw into it id get the right screw as you can get a lot of screws for the cost of a rear mudguard just cos the wrong screw was forced in there

Brian

Back