free website stats program Missing Identity of Harley 4 spd...Can you help it remember? | Harley Davidson Forums

Missing Identity of Harley 4 spd...Can you help it remember?

Masta' C

Hey Guys! Yeah... I'm new. However, a very specific question brought me to find these forums, so I'm hoping you can help.

I'm trying to help my dad out (first time ever for either of us building a bike).

He has this 4-speed kickstart transmission and we have no idea who makes it. It came out of what we believe to be a Shovel-era frame with an EVO S&S motor.

We thought it was a stock Harley piece, but our attention has been brought to the unique "ribbing" on the case. Can anyone tell me who makes/made this transmission?

There are only a few 4-spd. kicker pictures online and none of them feature the ribbed casing style that this one has. The only marks on the outside are "8731"

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated!

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

It may be a REVTECH. Many manufactures made 4 speed trannys. Are you looking for a specific part? Or just general info?

I've confirmed that it is not a RevTech.

Looking for general info...is this a good setup, age, etc...

Got some info...

MotorFactory American Made 4-Speed Transmission Case

Motor Factory transmission cases incorporate the latest computer aided design and aerospace production technology.
Investment cast from 356 aluminum alloy and heat treated for strength each case is fully machined on computer controlled equipment for superior accuracy.
Designed for belt or chain drive applications and reinforced for stock or high performance motors.

transcaselg.jpg

Seems these were discontinued when Custom Chrome bought out Chrome Specialties in 2001-2002.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back