free website stats program Mirrors | Harley Davidson Forums

Mirrors

cromwell

Ok, I need new mirrors after having the bike for almost two year figured I could live with it. But here in Ireland not being able to see past my shoulders is driving me nuts and may get me killed. Does anyone know of any mirrors that are either 2" higher or stick out 2" longer than stock. As it stands now no matter how I adjust them all I see for the most part are my shoulders. I am by no means a huge guy, 5'8" 205lbs with broad shoulders.

Thanks

Tony

Cromwell H/D makes stem extentions about 2" i use them on my flh...help alot....others may also..

I used the stem extensions and they worked well but look a little goofy. Kuryakyn has a monster mirror that is a bit more than an inch wider than the stock stem. The set I got were a little stiff to adjust. I loosened the screws and lubed the ball joint and they work well now.

When I was at the HD Dealer today for their open house, I saw a pair of HD accesory mirrors which were wider than stock and also have a small mirror kind of made onto the end of them. If you are familiar with mirrors used on big trucks so that have a smaller mirror on the main mirror, that is what they looked like. Not cheap ($149 on the box) but they look like they would work in your situation.

When I was at the HD Dealer today for their open house, I saw a pair of HD accesory mirrors which were wider than stock and also have a small mirror kind of made onto the end of them. If you are familiar with mirrors used on big trucks so that have a smaller mirror on the main mirror, that is what they looked like. Not cheap ($149 on the box) but they look like they would work in your situation.

Just my two cents, I tried those and did not like them there is quite a bit less adjustment in them I am 6'4" so I need to be able to tip the mirrors up a good deal.

Thanks All, My mirrors worked great in the states with the wide lanes but here in Europe the lanes are narrower then in the states so that is the reason for the need for the change in mirror position.

i use the extensions also and while maybe not as cool looking i also have a small blind spot mirror on them

Oft time it is not just the height but the width/shape...check out the HD Parts & Accessories catalog. You may want to upgrade, adding turn signals in them as well (well you did ask and we all have No Problem spending another's money...consider it more of a public service)! :newsmile093:

I had the same problem "seeing my shoulders"

I used the extensions and they work great, really increased the rear view, hardly know I have shoulders any more. It was amazing what a differance it made.

they also have several mirrors, including the stock ones on my bike, that have a longer stem (makes them the same size as stock with the extension)

Back