free website stats program mirror stem lengh | Harley Davidson Forums

mirror stem lengh

iv been considering getting some new mirrors & the ones i want come in either a short stem or long stem lengh however i cant find information on the actual measurements of either of the two so im not sure which one to purchase.

the short one has product no: 91863-90t
the long one has product no: 91862-93t

can anyone tell me the lengh of the stem on these two mirrors or an approx difference between them.

thanks in advance.

Don't know if you have the toll free from the UK but if you call Adventure HD they will tell you the difference.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Toll Free: 1-800-828-2875[/FONT]

Sportsters tend to use long stem mirrors
short stem mirrors are used on bikes with higher bars

Brian

took a tape mesure out to the shed tonight
straight part of the mirror stem
short 3 1/2"
long 7"

Brian

I havent taken much notice of the mirrors on the modern bikes mine are all early 90s
and the long stem is on the sportster and as the 883r is of the sportster family id suspect the long stem would be right for it but if you mesure your current mirrors then youll know for sure

Brian

The key of course is that you can aim the rear vues so you don't just see your jacket sleeves when seated. Also aim your stock mirrors first and see if the pivot and angle are the widest as possible to minimze the blind spot. I even go so far as to put round or matching shape stick on concave mirrors on the inside corner to minimize the "blind spot" (always do a head check anyway on on the lane along side just in case. :D

I have a 96 sporster with short stems, and an 02 sportster with long stems. For me, there really isn't much functional difference. But IMHO, the short stems look better.

Back