free website stats program Military DoD decal | Harley Davidson Forums

Military DoD decal

I am looking for ideas for placing my Military DoD decal on my bike without ruining either the paint or the chrome.

Military Mike

I use a motorcycle inspection sticker mount plate on our bikes. JP cycle carries them, as do others. I just mounted it under the triple clamps on the front fork. In the past on bikes, I just stuck them to the front fork. They come off fine with a blow dryer and a little elbow grease, no chrome damage.

Hope you haven't modified you motorscooter yet. Here are two ideas:
My buddy uses magnetic tape, placed on flat part of tank or fender (sticker pasted to magnet)
I use velcro tape on the inside of the lid of my left saddlebag (Road King Classic). The other side of the tape I put on a small aluminum plate that I pasted the sticker to.
They look permanent but can be easily removed. Purchased at The Home Depot.

As the 11th Commandment States “thou shall not put stickers on thy Harley”, I took a piece of polished stainless large enough to hold the DoD sticker, cut one side to fit into the recesses where the left front caliper mounts and flames in the other side. Then use the caliper mounting bolts to hold the bracket. The sticker isn’t in your face like other bikes that have them on the forks, but it’s in plane sight once next to the guard. It works like a charm.

Mine is very minimal.....mounts on the brake caliper. (front left)....they have them for sale hanging on a peg behind the parts counter at the Harley Dealer here in Savannah since so many soldiers on Fort Stewart need them....I think they're about $16.00. They're polished aluminum and I installed it in like 2 minutes.......works great...ride my fatboy to work about every day......

Cjcavitt,

Sounds like a great location for a decal, can you post a picture of your polishes plate showing your decal and exactly where you mounted the plate.

Thanks!

This is homemade, the inside curves of the flame was done with a large drill bit and the rest of the flame was cut with a die grinder.

Attachments

• DSC03430.JPG
    DSC03430.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 470
Back