free website stats program Mileage on my FLHTK (Ultra Limited) | Harley Davidson Forums

Mileage on my FLHTK (Ultra Limited)

larryjmiller

First long ride of the season.

Rode the twisties and backroads nice and easy to San Luis Obispo this morning ~ 190 miles. Rode the slab home hard ~160 miles. The FLHTK got 41.2 MPG on the way up and 39 MPG on the way back home tonight. Stopped a bunch of times to take on some coffee and to dispose of it. Had a great lunch in SLO at a place called the Brewery (no beers while riding though). The Limited has about 2500 mile so I'd say it is almost broke in.

The weather was awesome, hot in spots and cool near the pacific.

Turning in early. Got a big day ahead tomorrow honoring our awesome veterans both living and passed. God bless our vets!

We're always finding new back roads. And you're right, there's a bunch of great places to ride esp. this time of year between the (sort of) cold and really HOT! Luckily it's a dry heat, hahahaha
WAP.gif

I think your MPG is right where it should be and it'll probably get better. My wife and I just got home from a run over to Colorado Springs. We put on 1825 miles in four days and averaged 38.4 MPG. We were 2 up (obviously), fully loaded, fighting strong winds and riding steep mountains (as high as 12,094 feet). I was pretty happy w/ that mileage considering the motor work I've done.

I've got about 4,600 on mine with only a stage 1 air cleaner, some Rineharts and a tuner and I'm pretty much runing right around 40 to 42 mpg.

Back