free website stats program Mighty Hauler 1000M for carrying Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

Mighty Hauler 1000M for carrying Harley

allsmiles277

I bought a Mighty Hauler the other day. I got a friend to put it together as well as install a Class V hitch on my 1 ton crew cab dually with a dead tongue weight of 1500 lbs. My motorcycle weighs around 650 lbs and the Mighty Hauler 1000M weighs 280 lbs for a total of 930 lbs. I was going to buy an enclosed tandem trailer but decided right now it is too expensive. I looked all over the internet for something that would fit my needs. This is my first motorcycle. I bought some heavy duty straps and soft loops to secure Harley to Mighty Hauler. I am very impressed by the construction of the Mighty Hauler. Are there any other owners that already have experience with the Mighty Hauler ? I would appreciate any input. Thank you

I have another brand trailer but just wanted to encourage you to get a good wheel chock. I got one from Harbor Freight for under $50 that locks the front tire in and the bike will free stand. Makes it easy to load by yourself. I use 4 tiedowns, two on the front end and two on the rear to keep the bike from sliding from side to side. Never had a problem and it rides like a dream. Good luck with your trailer. I'm sure some "real bikers" will chime in shortly and let you know about riding and not trailering. Ignore em.

Never heard of a Mighty Hauler and I won't say anything derogatory about having a trailer for the bike. You never know when you might break down. There are some good tips on how to tie your bike down here, you want to make sure you don't use the handlebars for securing the bike and I always tie the rear so there is no possibility of the bike shifting. How about some pix of the Mighty Hauler?

Thanks Steveo. That is quite a rig. Do you have to have air shocks or any type of reinforcing of the rear suspension? I haven't checked out how much tongue weight my truck is rated at, but with the weight of the MH and the FLTR it seems like you would have to add something to keep the truck level.

That first picture of the Mighty Hauler looks kind of scary to me. I sure hangs out far. I am interested in how it works for you.

Unfortunately my baby PU only has a class III hitch so this won't work. Like the functionality & would be nice means to transport scoot when riding's not an option (i.e. winter months, maint. etc.). Been looking at small trailers for hauling scoot, mower & other wheeled toys - someday I'll find one I like...

I went to pick up a bike which was about 180 miles from where I live. The people at the dealership had no clue how to strap the bike into the Mighty Hauler. I got on the road and I was constantly looking in the rear view mirror terrified when I hit a dip in the road and saw the bike swaying up and down. I was paranoid the whole way back. I got back with the bike safe and sound. The bike weighed about 600 lbs. Just go to the Mighty Hauler website to look at pics of the different motorcycle haulers.

Back