free website stats program Midwest MI-WI August | Harley Davidson Forums

Midwest MI-WI August

Dr.Evil

I will be heading out from SW MI on Aug. 13, for Madison WI. for the "Great Taste of the Midwest" I have been there several times before; and if you are into micro's this is one of the best brewfest's in the country. I love Madison, it is one of my favorite towns. The lakes, the Capitol building, great breweries, open air bars, late night pizza, even the student union serves beer. Jenna's on the square, oh yah.

We are thinking of navigating the downtown Chicago traffic about 10:00am Friday, mabe heading up to Milwaukee.

Go to Muskegon and pick up the Lake Express ferry it is a 2-1/2 hour ride and it drops you off in Milwuakee & you don't have to drive through chicago . Look up the lake express web site for rates & times , they also serve beer & food on the ferry .

Go to Muskegon and pick up the Lake Express ferry it is a 2-1/2 hour ride and it drops you off in Milwuakee & you don't have to drive through chicago . Look up the lake express web site for rates & times , they also serve beer & food on the ferry .
I checked on this, it was $500 for two passengers and the bikes. Too much for my wallet.

I checked on this, it was $500 for two passengers and the bikes. Too much for my wallet.

Now I have to ask you is it just me or are those prices just being to greedy. Lower the cost and I would bet many more would use the service. Maybe see you soon DR.

Now I have to ask you is it just me or are those prices just being to greedy. Lower the cost and I would bet many more would use the service. Maybe see you soon DR.

That was my thought, if they have empty seats, sell them on Priceline

I live just outside Chicago and drove up to Duluth MN last week and went through Madison. For a nice ride take HWY 12 up. You can get to it pretty easily from the Chicago expressways.

Sounds good, it looks like friday night in or around Milwaukee could happen.

A few of us riders are meeting up in Fond du lac tomorrow morning and then we are going to ride all through the northern Kettle moraine forest.We are meeting at the food market on hwy 23 (johnson street) and hwy 151 on the east end of the city at 10:00 am. We are going to hit Elkart lake for lunch then more of the forest. All are welcome!

Back