free website stats program michelin tire pressure | Harley Davidson Forums

michelin tire pressure

89 FXRS

I'm trying to find out what the tire pressure should be on a rear Michelin commander II. The tire size is a 150/70-18 and the bike is a 2003 Road Glide - thanks

I'm trying to find out what the tire pressure should be on a rear Michelin commander II. The tire size is a 150/70-18 and the bike is a 2003 Road Glide - thanks
The recommended tire pressure should be on the side of the tire
WAP.gif

The recommended tire pressure should be on the side of the tire
WAP.gif
Common wrong thinking.
There is no way of knowing what bike the tire will be mounted.
The tire pressure on the side is the max. it should be inflated to for the Load Index.
Some say to use what is marked on the frame but some brands want more and are recommended higher than what Harley has printed on the bike.
Myself... I run 40 f/r on my Ultra w/Commander II tires.

dbmg has you covered, but as you ride and go through tires gusotto has a good point. Your style of riding and the load you put on the bike are all things that have to be taken into consideration. I would never go under what is recommended by the bike maker, but your road conditions and bike load coupled to your riding style will determine what pressures work best for you. On my 05 RG riding single I get the best ride and wear at 38 rear and 35 front, but I run Avon's.

Common wrong thinking.
There is no way of knowing what bike the tire will be mounted.
The tire pressure on the side is the max. it should be inflated to for the Load Index.
Some say to use what is marked on the frame but some brands want more and are recommended higher than what Harley has printed on the bike.
Myself... I run 40 f/r on my Ultra w/Commander II tires.

How does your bike handle at those pressures? The book calls for 36f/40r which is what I have always run in mine. Just curious with the higher pressure in front.

Mine handles fine at 40 lbs.
It ran fine when I had Continentals and E3 tires on the bike but I also carry a bunch of "stuff" in the saddlebags (heavy) so I want some extra air.

Back