free website stats program Michelin Commander II's | Harley Davidson Forums

Michelin Commander II's

Trek

A couple of quick questions.
Has anyone used these tires and if so how did/do they compare to the dunlop's for handling and wear?
I guess that question is somewhat after the fact, I ordered them from J&P Cycles just 4 days ago. So my next question is they shipped and I received the front tire in about 4 days but the back tire is on back order. Now when I ordered them it didn't say anything about being on back order. I am wondering how long I may have to wait for the back tire. Has anyone had this experience from them?

It's a popular tire but J&P get thousands of tires and they'll get that tire to you soon enough.
My indy has trouble keeping them in stock.
I have them on my '07 Ultra and I like them.
You'll notice they don't follow the grooves in the highway. That's a plus. No tracking.

That's a great tire & better than the Dunlop IMO, currently have them on 2 bikes in the family. They balance out & track good & have excellent bite on wet roads, one set has 6K on them & you'd never know it by looking at them.

Bought my rear off Amazon. It came form the power sport superstore. Got it delivered to the door in less than 5 days. This was just a week and half ago. Oh, and it was WAY cheaper than J&P......

I put a pair of Commander 11's on my FLHT last spring. 11,000 miles later, they still look like new. Better, softer compounds make for a better ride, and they were about $50.00/pair cheaper than the Dunlops. I had 31,000+ miles on my front before I changed, and it still had life in it, but I'll not go back to Dunlops after seeing how well these Michelins' perform. Just my opinion...

Scott in IL-'08 FLHT (The Mistress)

I put Michelin Commander ll on My 2012 after getting 27700 miles from rear tire.First thing I noticed was how much better the ride was,more cushioned.That's probably due to new rubber.They grab the road much better than Dunlop.Dunlop's would skid on painted lines in road.Michelin's grab.I was really impressed with the Michelin's.Then I did a dumb thing and traded for a 2014.I am kicking Myself for not swapping the Michelin's to new bike!!:(

I put Michelin Commander ll on My 2012 after getting 27700 miles from rear tire.First thing I noticed was how much better the ride was,more cushioned.That's probably due to new rubber.They grab the road much better than Dunlop.Dunlop's would skid on painted lines in road.Michelin's grab.I was really impressed with the Michelin's.Then I did a dumb thing and traded for a 2014.I am kicking Myself for not swapping the Michelin's to new bike!!:(

The dunlops on the 2014 bikes are a different tire I believe they call them a triple tread....I have over 5000 on mine and they look like new...be interesting to see how long they will go

The dunlops on the 2014 bikes are a different tire I believe they call them a triple tread....I have over 5000 on mine and they look like new...be interesting to see how long they will go

They are probably high mileage,as were the 2012's,but I don't like the tire sliding out when turning and crossing painted surfaces on the road.Michelin's did'nt do that.Both years of Dunlop's do!!

Back