free website stats program Metzeler Markings | Harley Davidson Forums

Metzeler Markings

My old ME880 was a 150/80B 16 M/C 71H
I ordered a new one from J&P and it reads...
150/80 B16 M/C REINFTL 77H

I have figured out that the new tire has a higher load rating, which I am glad for,

But what does REINFTL mean? and...

The sidewall stamp says "max load 908lbs at 50psi"
My old one was "max load 761 @42 psi"
I ran the old one at 42 psi, do I run the new one at 50????

By the way, this is on a 2008 FLSTC. (stock spoke wheels)

I would imagine that the REINFTL would mean reinforced. I hope that he new ME880 are better then the ones that I had. Where are these tires made.
kemo

I think your new tire is a rear tire, where the old was a front. Shouldn't use a rear on the front. Call J&P and see about exchanging it (assuming it was the front you were trying to replace!!). If rear, you are good to go. But lucky, since I think you were running a front tire on the rear if that is what you are replacing.

TQ

TL= Tubeless

The maximum load in lbs is written on every METZELER street tire together with the corresponding maximum cold inflation pressure in psi. Some tires show in the service description the additional markings "reinf." which is equivalent to "6 PR" or "Load Range C" and indicates a reinforced structure for an increased load capacity. This higher load is already contained in the maximum load inscription.

METZELER - Recommended_tire_pressures

The old tire was a rear tire. Metzeler's are marked for front if they are front. I bought these tires (old ones) at Kalispel Harley last June. I love them. Still plenty of tread, but I picked up a nail so I am getting new for the season starter.

I was able to find everything on Metzeler's website EXCEPT for what REINFTL means. To answer Kemo's question they are made in Germany. I know that Rein in German is "Pure". but everything else is in English so who knows.

I do know that they are Bias, Tubless, Load rate 71 meaning 908lbs, and speed rated H meaning up to 130mph. Just don't know what REINFTL is for sure...

Checked the Metzeler site. For that bike with the laced rims, it does call for the tire you had on the rear.

150/80 B 16 M/C 71H TL ME 880 MARATHON - 40 PSI

See here:

METZELER - Fitment Chart

TQ

Back