free website stats program Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing ?

rgp332

I'v been thinking about putting one of these on my Night Train. Anybody have one? or have any experience with one?

I'v been thinking about putting one of these on my Night Train. Anybody have one? or have any experience with one?

Do you think it will fit a Night Train? I'm under the impression they only mount on the FL series softails and tourers; nothing for any of the FX series bikes.

I have seen them on bikes, one on a Honda VTX 1800R looked very good from the front, but the rider view was of the bare ABS and mounts. The guy kept his jacket rolled up between the handlebar and the fairing, which worked for him.

Might check the Tsukayu and Hoppe fairings. More expensive but more more complete.

Good luck. :bigsmiley28:

I have one on my 08 Fatboy and for the price its a good addition and looks pretty good. I already had a Memphis Shades windshield and put the Batwing on for cooler weather. It does make a difference as far as the wind on your hands and arms and with the taller windshield it forces much of the wind over your head. I put on the tallest windshield on the fairing. I have also made a radio mount to go between the bars which all worked pretty well.

A couple pictures of the radio behind the Batwing Faring. Its a Jensen heavy duty radio with included speakers and antenna. It really does sound pretty good and I made the mount which is easy to remove. A couple bolts and the whole thing comes off when I dont want it on.

I Phone 009.jpg

I Phone 010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Robbar, can you take couple of front shots on yours? I'd love to see how it look like, I'm interesting in it for my Heritage. Thanks

I will get you a pic as soon as I can ....bike is cover up in the garage but I will slip the cover off this weekend and get you a couple pics...It actually looks pretty good and definately makes it warmer in the cooler weather..

Here are a few pics..not great taken in the garage but too cold outside will try and get some better ones when it warm up some...the radio is a Jensen Heavy Duty, I made some brackets with stainless tubing and it mounts to the handlebars. The radio and speakers all come off with just a couple bolts as well as the antenna..really works pretty well and has a plug in for ipods and such...the radio also has weather bands which has come in handy a few times..

Not Great Pictures ...too cold and windy to move the bike out of the garage..

Attachments

• 100_1057.jpg
    100_1057.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_1058.jpg
    100_1058.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1059.jpg
    100_1059.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_1060.jpg
    100_1060.jpg