free website stats program Maybe moving from Dyna forum | Harley Davidson Forums

Maybe moving from Dyna forum

mlrc10

Ok to make along short,we bought my wife a little used shadow 750 to learn to ride.Took the class,started out slowly and 6 months later she looks like she has been riding for years.Very proud of her.She really has been lookin' hard at a new Fatboy (insert joke here).Well at La. HOG rally this weekend we walked by a big ole Ultra Classic and she said " If we had that I'd quit ridin' my own bike,and just ride with you".Guess the back seat on my 02 Superglide Sport ain't as inviting as that lazy boy recliner on the Ultra.I like having her on the bike with me and the intercom would be great.The CB would be handy on PGR missions.Any advise?Any difference in 09 (if I can find 1 ) and 10's.Options that worth the money? A buddy told me to come get his 08 and ride it,just to see how I like it.

Why not get the best of both worlds modify the Glide for her (it's paid for free and clear right? And get an Ultra Classic that you both could "live" with...wouldn't that be a hoot? :newsmile092:

I'd really want to keep the fxdx.Its a fun ride,and about as sporty as anything HD makes.

My wife has a Dyna Superglide Custom and I have an Ultra. Best of both worlds. As Hobbit stated, go with the 09 for the frame changes alone. Much better ride and you should be able to pick one up with a bit of savings now with the 10s out. the 10s have a cat in them that the 09s didn't but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Oh what the heck, if your going to do it, do it right and get the Screamin eagle Ultra Classic. My buddy and his wife go everywhere on theirs. I also bought him a personnel licence plate ....GTS US BY. It cost a bit more but you'll never need a thing for it. Heated seats,heated hand grips, XM,CB,Nav,110ci and alot more. You guys would really be touring in style. :newsmile092:

Wish I could Fireguy,maybe if I hit the lottery.LOL Yeah we ride with a guy that just got a CVO model.But he also has at Fatboy that he has 40k in.I'm not in that class.

Back