free website stats program Maximum Cylinder Head Temp | Harley Davidson Forums

Maximum Cylinder Head Temp

AJOB

:wall I have a 95 FLH Touring bike, 80 cubic inch.
What should be the maximum cylinder head temp when hot.
I'm currently running at 330F
Any help would be great.
AJ

:wall I have a 95 FLH Touring bike, 80 cubic inch.
What should be the maximum cylinder head temp when hot.
I'm currently running at 330F
Any help would be great.
AJ

Welcome to The Forum, couple of Questions for you, Was this temp recorded after idling, Where was the temp sourced on the head, did you per chance check the oil tank temperature? That is in MO pretty hot for an EVO Does your bike other wise run good and what mods do you have

Thanks for the info Jack, to answer your questions, I didn't check the oil temp, I rode the bike for approx. 1 hr and used a hand held temp gun to check the temp of the head. I took the temp at the top of the head next to the spark plug. The only mods was a change over to a 6 speed tranny prior to me buying. It also looks like I have a small leak on my cylinder base gasket, a small amount of oil seeps through.
Do you know what the oil temp should be when hot?
Other than these concerns the bike runs good.
I apprieciate your help
Thanks
AJ

Thanks for the info Jack, to answer your questions, I didn't check the oil temp, I rode the bike for approx. 1 hr and used a hand held temp gun to check the temp of the head. I took the temp at the top of the head next to the spark plug. The only mods was a change over to a 6 speed tranny prior to me buying. It also looks like I have a small leak on my cylinder base gasket, a small amount of oil seeps through.
Do you know what the oil temp should be when hot?
Other than these concerns the bike runs good.
I apprieciate your help
Thanks
AJ

Too many factors can come up here, I would expect to see around 200- 250 with an EVO, they do not run quite as hot as the TC does Do you have a cooler?

Back