free website stats program Masonic Roll Call | Harley Davidson Forums

Masonic Roll Call

JerryL

Any Masonic brothers out there?

Lodge #769 F&AM Kentucky
A. & A.S.R. Valley of Covington, Kentucky 32°
A.A.O.N.M.S. El Hasa Shrine Temple, Ashland Kentucky

I wish I knew more about the Mason's and what they do. Cant find anybody that'll tell you though.

I wish I knew more about the Mason's and what they do. Cant find anybody that'll tell you though.

Here in Massachusetts they are advertising on the radio all the time for new membership. I'm guessing that perhaps the younger generation isn't interested in joining so they are aggressively looking for new members. I had been under the impression for the longest time that you had to know somebody to become member. Now they advertise.
The organization has always fascinated me but at my age I'm not going to go down to a Lodge on Feb. 12th and "learn more" as they advertise on the radio.

over here they have the open days were theylet people into the TEMPLE to have a look around and had out leaflets with info on it - then try getting in !!! unless as you say know someone your going nowhere.
Mind the temples are very nice we had our wedding reception in the Masonic temple - great free food and beer :D

My Dad and my favorite uncle were Masons and they wouldn't even show me their secret handshake!

If you stop by the lodge hall in your town, they will tell you all you need to know before joining. The old saying in masonry is "2b1, ask1. Meaning, just ask someone that is a mason, in your town, and they should steer you to joining if you so wish. They don't solicit members, but they will help you if you ask. Basically, if is a lot like a brotherhood club. There are websites all over the net that will answer your questions. Most lodges do some kind of philanthropy work. The Shrine side of masonic bodies are just a fun group in masonry, that raise and contribute tons to children's hospitals nationwide.

I wished I was ... My dad was a Mason.held all the chairs, also Scottish rite, and was a big deal in the Shrine...also was an "odd fellow" IOOF Lodge here in Texas..went through allk the chairs in that also..I atleast need to join the IOOF..my dad, my grandfather, my greatgrand father and I think his dad to ...they started the local lodge way back in the 1800's..I would be like a 5th generation in the IOOF.....My dad was better man than me and could resite a awole book from memory....,:newsmile026:

Back