free website stats program Marvel Mystery Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Marvel Mystery Oil

gator508

Experienced Member
Added 2oz of MMO to my tank as per directions a couple of weeks ago, my bike did not seem to like it. It doesn't start as quick. Going to pull the plugs today and check them out, see if they might be a little fouled. I have only heard and read good things about MMO, may be a coincidence of something else happening.

I've never had a problem like you explained using MMO. Possible you got a bad tank of fuel?

I use it when ever possible and the only ill effects I experienced was if I got to crazy and dumped too much. Having said that, I am a carb/no cat guy.

I've never had a problem like you explained using MMO. Possible you got a bad tank of fuel?

I guess it's always possible for a bad tank of fuel. I pulled the plugs and they were a little carbon fouled, cleaned them up, regapped them and filled up with gas, went for a couple hour ride with a friend, bike ran good and started right up after i stopped at his place so I guess all is well, we'll see.

Thanks for the comments!

Haven't run in my bike a/o yet, but add a bottle to the 06 Colorado every now & then w/great results. I'm thinking previous responses are correct w/something coming loose from cleansing, or bad fuel...possibly. Hope she clears up for you...sure it will.

Gator,

I think that was a just a poorly timed coinsidence. I've used MMO since my bike was new and have had Great results. I am sorry that you had this bad 1st reaction, but would suggest you give it a chance. The advantages of an upper cylinder lubricant & fuel pump & components Lub are much more on the Plus side in my oppinion.

I guess it's always possible for a bad tank of fuel. I pulled the plugs and they were a little carbon fouled, cleaned them up, regapped them and filled up with gas, went for a couple hour ride with a friend, bike ran good and started right up after i stopped at his place so I guess all is well, we'll see. !

Gator that's why they call it Marvel 'MYSTERY' Oil :lolrolling

Just kidding Gator. I know it's made JC Whitney a mint over the last 40 yrs.

Very good product, I have never seen this before. I have been around MMO since I was 5 My Dad used it in every thing He was one of if not the best Mechanic I have ever seen. He modified a Marsden oil injector to use on a diesel truck filling it with MMO, That truck never skipped a beat:s

Guys,

I have always heard and read only good things about MMO, thats why I was surprised.
The good news, yesterday, I cruised down to Biloxi with a fresh tank of gas, took I-10 so got the speed and RPMS up, the problem seems to have gone away, in fact the bike actually seems to start faster, maybe only 1/2 turn before it fires up.
Thanks for the input fellers!!!

Gator that's why they call it Marvel 'MYSTERY' Oil :lolrolling

Just kidding Gator. I know it's made JC Whitney a mint over the last 40 yrs.

Knew I could count on you to find humour in this...:D

Back