free website stats program Marrying New TSSM To Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Marrying New TSSM To Bike

glider.

BOT Machine
Here is the procedure to marry a new TSM/TSSM to your bike when you install/replace it , otherwise it will not start/run.
(Also posted in the diagnostic section)

The security system will not arm until the dealer programs the serial number of the FOB into the computer.

Harley ECM Password Learn Procedure

When installing a new ignition(ICM) or ECM on a security-equipped Harley there is a "Password Learn" procedure that must be performed. This applies to all Twin Cam and V-Rod models with factory security but may also apply to Twin Cam's with EFI. The TSM/TSSM and ECM have "learned" passwords that synchronize the control module with several other components. Once you remove a component from this chain the module shuts down and won't start. This is reported to only occur with EFI models but the new 2004 carbureted models demonstrate the same shut-down when changing the ignition module.

Once you have installed the ignition module and reconnected the battery, perform the starting sequence as normal. The engine will cough once in an effort to start but will fail when the module shuts off the fuel.

Special Note: During the Password Learning procedure the ignition will remain in the "On" position for an extended period of time (30+ minutes). While "On", power is supplied to the headlight thus draining the battery. If the battery charge drops below a certain level during the Password Learn procedure the process will cease and you will have to start over. To avoid this connect a trickle charger to the battery throughout the procedure.

tn717s3.jpg

The above steps must be timed and performed exactly as described. Any deviation will require you to start again from step 1.

I cant thank you enough for this info. I got tssm on ebay , installed and did all set up. flashers and all were fine until of course i tried to start it up. I panicked thinking i had screwed up something requiring a trip to dealer. I put old tsm baCK AND OF COURSE IT WORKED BUT NOW I FELT a sucker buying a dud. then I found your thread and followed to letter and hey presto I'm a genius. Thank you so much I have now joined the group.

I have a quick question. I have a 2008 Street Glide that I am about to install a security system. When going through the marrying process, does this also enable the fob?

No. My understanding is that the Fob can only be married to the bike by the dealer.

Back