free website stats program "man that hurts" | Harley Davidson Forums

"man that hurts"

STARY

Account Removed
Had my tonsils out on friday and I was eating and drinking a little bit the same day,but 2/3 days on i've never known such pain.I can sit through three hours of tattooing no problem,but this is some serious pain in the throat.I was told that it was painful for adults (i'm 45) but this is abusing the fact. Anyone else had this done later in life :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: "man than hurts"

Tonsils were easy as a five year old. I have heard it is bad as an adult. Hang in there, it will pass.

Stary; you're on the down-hill slide so keep your chin-up. My wife had her's yanked a few years back & I pretty much had to be w/her for an entire week so she'd eat. Otherwise it was watching her in a "coma-like" state & return trip to ER for dehydration. By week's end she was bouncing back to norm.

1970 - at my final medical exam, before being discharged from active duty in the US Navy, the examining doctor wrote: not to be discharged until tonsils are removed. He wrote the instructions in pencil and when no one was looking...I erased them. A week later I was enjoying civilian life. To this day I've never had a single problem with my tonsils. Very sorry to hear what you are going through and I hope you recover asap. However, sounds like I was lucky to have an eraser handy!

In 1968 I was in the mountains in northern Thailand. I got tonsolitis but the Tet Offensive was going on and I couldn't be air lifted out. The medics gave me a shot of penicilin so big it looked like they were using a grease gun. Cured me and I still have them. Good luck, buddy. Fossil

OpakaLips and Fossil, lot of people do not realize, but the tonsils are a functional part of the ability of the body to fight infection...lymph system moves white blood cells to the area to die fighting disease. Forgoing surgery or giving you penicilin to relieve swelling and infection were actually the right "non invasive" call...excising body parts is a bit archaic and drastic if saving it is possible. That is why it pays to understand everything before going under the knife.

Last edited:

OpakaLips and Fossil, lot of people do not realize, but the tonsils are a functional part of the ability of the body to fight infection...lymph system moves white blood cells to the area to die fighting disease. Forgoing surgery or giving you penicilin to relieve swelling and infection were actually the right "non invasive" call...excising body parts is a bit archaic and drastic if saving it is possible. That is why it pays to understand everything before going under the knife.

You hear that STARY? You should consider super gluing that puppy right back where it came from!:rofl

You hear that STARY? You should consider super gluing that puppy right back where it came from!:rofl

Opaka lips, nice try, but a little too late for takeaways or get backs...once he got processed by the health care "chop shop".:small3d023:

Sounds like it builds character having the tonsils out ! I thought I was bad off having all 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday. Still have my tonsils though and sounds like Ill keep em forever. Get well soon !

Back