free website stats program Malfunction with Smart Siren II | Harley Davidson Forums

Malfunction with Smart Siren II

kruzur

Looking for a little help here...At 3 am this morning, the alarm siren on my 2019 Street Glide Special activated all by itself. The bike is parked in a secure garage. It had not been ridden for the past week. The siren would sound for about 30 seconds and then stop, only to re-activate again. Also, no lights of any kind were flashing, only the siren blaring. I walked up to the bike with my fob and unlocked the ignition with the key. It had no effect on the siren, it just kept blaring. I then started the bike and even when it was running, the siren kept blaring. I had to remove the siren from its location and actually remove the 9 volt battery from it to stop the siren. After the battery was removed from the alarm, the factory security system still functions (lights flash) when moving it, etc... ANY IDEAS ???

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ. Maybe the 9 volt battery is bad? kinda like a smoke alarm chirping when the battery needs replacing.

Thanks for the suggestion about the 9 volt battery being bad. The way that the siren was blaring leads me to believe the battery was functioning just fine. The funny thing is that I have been researching the internet for hours trying to find ANYONE that has ever heard of this happening.

Riddle Solved...
Just came back from my local Harley Dealership. After talking to the Service Manager, I was told that on "Rare" occasions, a micro-processor inside of the alarm siren fails. I changed out the siren and problem solved!!!!

Back