free website stats program Making it mine | Harley Davidson Forums

Making it mine

I have a 2008 Roadster 1200. I'm wondering if a fat bob rear fender can be made to fit ?

While it would be a mod to start on, likely going to be a lot of work that will "snowball" into lowering bike or changing wheels/tires to get the "look" and you will be forever working on it if you start there. To me, the Sportster Roadster is the HD performance model "standard" with features a fully equipped HD motorcycle should have, without a lot of "bling"...dual disc brakes, low maintenance alloy wheels, basic rider and passenger accommodations, rubber mounted engine (if after 2004)...a blank slate READY for what suits your riding style and needs.

Generally, most start with comfort and rideability mods, be it seating, peg and controls placement...working their way thru storage and convenience. Then comes the performance mods (they may be hidden or right in your face race ready). Finally the *bling* to brighten up the looks. Your ride you decide. It is accumulated change that sets your ride apart. Mine does not have that much, Stage I, Storage, Seat, Tank, Bars, Hand & Foot Controls, Sissy Bar/Pad and a little Willie G. stuff, but still get comments saying it does not look like a Sportster...:small3d007: ...but it is "mine" and it is my daily driver..."--just enjoy the ride...smiles per mile is the key"! :D

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back