free website stats program main computer | Harley Davidson Forums

main computer

mike_h

i have a 2007 softail fxst went for a dyno now there telling me my computer has a hickup in it all after i went and payed 500 for the harley race tuner about a month ago only got about 1000 miles on the bike after build and to boot now there sayin my tuner is no good if i buy a new computer for the bike not to happy at this end. what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmiley19:

What do you mean by your computer has a "hickup". That means nothing. Describe the problem you are having with the tuner & bike.

they said it still has a flat spot and i can feel this a take off every doggy l'am new to this computer thing on bikes but all i know is after take off it seems to run fine at all speeds it just getting to leave the line the motor is a 103 21 cams and head work stage 2 done. 98 hp and 109tq

A few things that would cause a flat spot on take off are... Accel enrichment multiplier set to an incorrect value. A problem with your MAP sensor would certainly cause a flat spot. There was also an injector engineering change around your year from an 8 degree spray to 25 degree spray. Make sure you have the updated correct injectors installed. If they are correct, one may be clogged. A vacuum intake leak would certainly cause a flat spot. Fuel injector pressure low,,, Just to name a few...

The ECM would be the last thing on the list for me.

Hi Mike; I'm not able to give you any advice on your problem, but I recomment not buying a new ecm from the guys that told you yours had a "hiccup". Hoople has already given you MUCH better information.

Hi Mike; I'm not able to give you any advice on your problem, but I recomment not buying a new ecm from the guys that told you yours had a "hiccup". Hoople has already given you MUCH better information.

I would double that, not a whole lot of problems with ECM,s unless you are reall unlucky seems to me Hobbit had that problem tho

I agree with the others, but imagine if this happened on your 2011, that Network Control Multi-Function Module would be a pretty penny to replace, especially for one symptom, though in this case it affected function of motorcycle! I still believe in troubleshooting using two or three methods to conclude that a single element is bad...substitution is risky and technically electronics is not supposted to be returnable...who said HD dealers could or should use substitude electronic non-returnable items, much less RESELLl them to the unsuspecting public as "NEW"...not that THAT would happen...JMHO!

Last edited:
You need a different dyno tuner. Also check the contacts on the injectors. My 2007 Low Rider had to have the pins replaced.

There is a product called Deoxit gold. They have a contact cleaner and contact enhancer. Radio Shack has a two pack with cleaner and enhancer for $15.

Before I replaced the ecu I would go with a Thundermax auto tune.

Oh yea. If you have to replace the ecu Harley will replace your sert. A friend of mine had to do that.

Back