free website stats program Magnetti Marelli Idle Speed PDF | Harley Davidson Forums

Magnetti Marelli Idle Speed PDF

J

Jack Klarich

Here is the PDF on how to adjust the idle speed

Attachments

• M1105_idle_speed_MM(1).pdf
    65 KB · Views: 80
I had a big bore kit put on my 01 Road King it is a M/M fuel injected when I road it home it would not idle it back fired out of the exhaust when you let off of the throttle and at times back fire out of the intake. I had the injectors reconditioned put a new idle sensor on it and a new temp sensor. Now it will not start I can hear the fuel pump but will not fire up unless I spray starter fluid inside of the throttle body. Once the fluid is gone it dies. Any ideas??

Sounds like it's not getting fuel, if it were electical it would not start and run until the starting fluid was used up. You may want to revisit the injectors. Was a fuel pressure test done?
Remove the cap on your tank, turn on the ignition and listen for the pump to cycle. If you hear a spraying or bubbling sound you may have a pin hole in the fuel line in the tank. The spraying sound may depend on where the hole is relative to the amount of fuel in the tank.

Sounds like it's not getting fuel, if it were electical it would not start and run until the starting fluid was used up. You may want to revisit the injectors. Was a fuel pressure test done?
Remove the cap on your tank, turn on the ignition and listen for the pump to cycle. If you hear a spraying or bubbling sound you may have a pin hole in the fuel line in the tank. The spraying sound may depend on where the hole is relative to the amount of fuel in the tank.
A fuel pressure test on the injectors was done I sent them to Marren Injectors he shipped them back with a sheet of the flow rate before and after.

Try testing the injector wires for power, they have been know to break or lose contact when fiddled with. If no power try wiggling them to make contact.

Found out the check valve fell out on the supply getting no pressure. Ordered a rebuilt kit for $12.50 starts and runs like a top

Back