free website stats program magneti-marelli inj. | Harley Davidson Forums

magneti-marelli inj.

fattyboy

I have a 2001 road king, it has se heads,woods cams,power commander.Iam thinking about going to a Mikuni 42 or 45 carb. This bike has been dynoed at 100hp. 107tq. If I change over to the mukuni would I be gaining more hp.tq.Besides better throttle response.I have already had the throttle body reworked.

If I had a 01 King with those numbers I would not change a thing. I'm not a big fan of magneti marelli but still have to ask, why? A fixed jet carb like the mukuni is a great hp producing carb on the strip, but it's not very forgiving at different altitudes if your on the road. Is the power commander not a lot more tunable?

Ther stock CV carb is a very good carb. With a little molesting it is a great carb, but if the injection is making good hp and tq numbers leave it alone. If it ain't broke do fix it.
kemo

Ther stock CV carb is a very good carb. With a little molesting it is a great carb, but if the injection is making good hp and tq numbers leave it alone. If it ain't broke do fix it.
kemo
Kemo I found the S/E 44mm CV carb to be a very good upgrade from stock and at 309.95 it's hard to go wrong, but if I was just going to run it local or at the track, Mukuni is boss for hp numbers. But sounds like fattyboy has some pretty good numbers with what he has and on the track or on the road fuel injection rules.

Back