free website stats program Maggie Valley, NC - April 15,16,17 | Harley Davidson Forums

Maggie Valley, NC - April 15,16,17

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I've got some time off :D and the weather forecast is pretty awesome right now :D so here's my plan:

1. Leave my home in Woodstock, GA the morning of Thursday, April 15th. Take most of the day to meander my way up to Maggie Valley, NC.

2. Spend Friday, April 16th doing some local riding in the area to include a portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

3. Meander a different route home on Saturday, April 17th.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else will be in the area those days. Also I'll welcome any "you must ride this road" suggestions or good, unique places to eat.

If you have not been, you should spend some time at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley. It is right on the main street running through town, and is one of the best I have been to.

Just went to the museum website. Unfortunately, they are not open that weekend. They are open this weekend, and again in 2 weeks. If you can adjust your schedule, you should really try to spend some time there.

If you have not been, you should spend some time at the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley. It is right on the main street running through town, and is one of the best I have been to.

Just went to the museum website. Unfortunately, they are not open that weekend. They are open this weekend, and again in 2 weeks. If you can adjust your schedule, you should really try to spend some time there.

Thanks, Jake. I know about that museum and the one outside of Birmingham. They're both on my list of things to do someday but for the couple days I have off, and here I'll steal a quote from my buddy Maysflyboy, "I just want to ride, man!"

I got a group leaving the 28th to go up. Plan to ride the Dragon on the 29th. The road off the Parkway which leads down into Bevard is nice couple of waterfalls. Enjoy Love that Area.

I got a group leaving the 28th to go up. Plan to ride the Dragon on the 29th. The road off the Parkway which leads down into Bevard is nice couple of waterfalls. Enjoy Love that Area.

Thanks - done the Dragon and the Cherohala. Might do one or both of them again but not 100% sure at this point.

Doc,

I will be spending the night in Cartersville April 17th on my way to Florida for some fishing.

Dave

If you plan to ride the parkway it will be worth the ride to check out hangmans bluff. It is the highest peak in the blue ridge mtns at a little over 6,000 ft. It is about halfway between Cherokee and Gatlinburg. I was there last oct. and I must say it was spectacular! Also if you could wait another week to go you could catch the spring rally at Cherokee on April 23 24 25.

Sorry that I'll miss meeting you by a week. Several of us are going to the Rally in Cherokee Apr. 23-25th. We are looking to ride several of the scenic routes where there, already have the map ready to go.
I'm so wound up about going, I don't know how I'll get thru next week before it's time to leave. This will be the 1st "Road Trip" of the year.
"Get your Motor running"......"Wild Hogs":newsmile040:

Sorry that I'll miss meeting you by a week. Several of us are going to the Rally in Cherokee Apr. 23-25th. We are looking to ride several of the scenic routes where there, already have the map ready to go.
I'm so wound up about going, I don't know how I'll get thru next week before it's time to leave. This will be the 1st "Road Trip" of the year.
"Get your Motor running"......"Wild Hogs":newsmile040:

Well, I had the time off right now and I don't really like big crowds in small areas so I'm skipping next week. In fact I'm just now getting out the door due to some last minute kitchen plumbing problems - ain't it always that way!

Be sure to check the NC and TN DOT websites before you go next week. Lots of road closures due to winter rock slides still being worked on.

Have fun! Post up when you get back let us know areas to ride or avoid. I'll be there on the 28th.................

Back