free website stats program Machining the inner primary for an Ultima trans | Harley Davidson Forums

Machining the inner primary for an Ultima trans

Dan o

has anyone ever heard of having to shave the inner primary on a early 90 s bike using a ultima trans please help

this guy i know was talking to an ultima rep and this is what he was told.i had a softail built and had a ultima 6 speed put in twice 2 different 6 speeds and been having nothing but problems.i had a harley 5 speed in it before and it was fine.when i get on and off the throttle it makes a nasty urching sound,so many people have opinions but noone knows what it is.its something thats under tourqe.i have been going insane trying to solve this problem.now i have the whole primary ripped apart and found that the wrong jackshaft was put in because it was sticking out to far and was hitting the flywheel.i dont know just trying to figure this out

Call ultima yourself and see what they say then go from there .. the jackshaft could be making a lot of the noise as ya tork it up

yeah i will but they are not gonna tell me that their trans is a (edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
no they wont but they will tell ya about having to machine the case and maybe give ya some ideals

Back