free website stats program lucas oil stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

lucas oil stabilizer

johndeeredr

got a 012 roadglide and I use hd 360 dyno oil because I change my oil every 2500 miles, engines runs great with the common tapping noise that's inherit with theses motors top side, I have heard that lucas full syn oil stabilizer may help with this noise a little, has anybody used this product? is it worth the 16 bones?

IMO save your money, Lucas makes great products, tho I do not believe in adding anything to my oil, however I have been known to run a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil just before an oil change

I also would not be inclined to add any additive to my bikes oil....

Agreed no additives needed
WAP.gif

I personally don't use oil additives. IMO and experience, modern engine oils (especially full synthetics) are already designed, engineered and blended with specific additive packages. As such, I don't understand why you would add an after market off the shelf "cocktail" to your new oil. There's nothing wrong with a good dino oil, especially if you are changing it out every 2500 miles. My advice is to save your money or switch to a synthetic if it concerns you. :)

well I did , went with redline syn 20/50 and most of the lifter noise is gone, runs a lot quieter, expensive oil, but what does it cost for peace of mind?

At $16 a quart, you are effectively adding $4 to the price of each qt. of oil you use. I'd just use a premium Synthetic instead of the additive.

Back