free website stats program Lucas Oil 85w140 in tranny.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas Oil 85w140 in tranny..

Mavagrand

currently running M1 75w90, but it seems to make too much noise..just put lucas 85w140 in..what is opinions out there...i know some run 75/140..will 85/140 be ok if I like it..also there were fine shaving on the plug..i have an 08 egc with 7700 mi...thanx.OOps should haved read..I just put 85/140 in...opinions/advice??

Im lazy fellas, didn't wanna read that..was hoping to get a quick answer from Yoda. I guess, if your gonna make me, I will read it. I just took the bike for a quick ten mile jaunt and have to say she runs quieter. I have never been one to complain about the fourth gear...errr fifth gear whine, (at some level I almost found it comforting) but it is now nowhere near as noticeable. My only concern is teh winter time..although not much of one here in Florida. thanx for the material guys, i'll look at it.

Glider, I did read the article on their additives..but I put in their heavy duty gear oil...does it have the same issues with foaming, etc..??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mava;
I will be very interested in how you like the Lucas tranny oil.
I was running Syn 3 in mine until reading info from Glider and Smitty; who I think are pretty well versed in this subject.

I then switched mine to Pennzoil Synthetic 85W140 GL5; so we will see how it goes from here. I could not find Spectro products around here. I was not having any issues with the Syn 3, but I got concerned when I read the advice on this board. Mine is a 5 speed, so noise is not a concern.

Rod

Smitty, thank you for the info..much appreciated. this Lucas is a synthetic blend as well but I have read so much good about the Spectro stuff, I will try that at the 10K change. Smitty by the way, thank you for your service to the country. I see you were a first sergeant. I got out of the Marine Corps as a Sergeant. Semper Fi!
Rod, I can already tell the bike runs quieter and smoother. Not as much 5th gear whine (didn't bother me in the first place) and I can definately find neutral much quicker and easier.

My 1000 mile is coming up. Unless I hear here otherwise my choice will be as follows:
SPECTRO Heavy Duty Platinum for 6 speed in tranny
HD Formula Plus in Primary
Mobil One V Twin Full Synthetic in crank.

2009 Ultra......What Say You?

My 1000 mile is coming up. Unless I hear here otherwise my choice will be as follows:
SPECTRO Heavy Duty Platinum for 6 speed in tranny
HD Formula Plus in Primary
Mobil One V Twin Full Synthetic in crank.

2009 Ultra......What Say You?

Excellent choices. I have the same in the tranny, Spectro Primary in the primary (!), and Amsoil 20W50 synthetic in the engine. Very happy with the results. You can find lots of discussion on fluids in Glider's self help tip section (see top of page).

TQ

Just want to report that I now have about 300 kms on the Pennzoil 85W-140 GL5 synthetic trans oil, and all is well.
I can definitely notice it shifts smoother, and it does not CLUNK as loud as before. Stangely, it is much quieter when cold than before?

Rod

Back