free website stats program LR shock leaking... | Harley Davidson Forums

LR shock leaking...

Mavagrand

Found light oil dripping off my left muffler. Appears to be coming from my left rear shock. Bike has 28k is a 08 FLHTC. Anyway to refill this shock? If not, what can I expect to pay for a set of decent shock? thankx.

Don't know if they are the same length but I have a set I took off my 05RG. They have about 20,000mi on them. They did not leak when I took them off. PM me and I'll meet you somewhere between you and me.

Found light oil dripping off my left muffler. Appears to be coming from my left rear shock. Bike has 28k is a 08 FLHTC. Anyway to refill this shock? If not, what can I expect to pay for a set of decent shock? thankx.

It is easy, but as said above, the seal is probably shot if it is leaking fluid. Check this out:

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Lots of new take offs on craigslist and ebay, may want to also check with local dealers as they have take offs as well. Average price is about 100-150 bucks for new take offs. You may wish to go with a progressive system as well (more money) either way good luck and be safe. Just a word of advice change both shocks at same time.

I bought a set for my RK from Robs used Harley parts for $75 + shipping.
They were take offs, just like new. I have bought several things from him over the years, never been dissatisfied.

Back