free website stats program lower fairing speaker kit | Harley Davidson Forums

lower fairing speaker kit

cavs1429

wow was looking at a 2011 cvo ultra today where can i get the same speaker kit they have for the lower fairing its not a hog tune kit

I have the Hogtunes lower fairing speaker kit and love the sound it adds to my bike. Hogtunes, good product, good price, good warranty whats wrong with that?

I made my own and installed bose speakers in them as well.

41320_1449754961321_1156624144_31097002_3469259_n.jpg

cranking down the road would they be had to hear?

Actually no. I hear them pretty good. Fills the bottom of the sound spectrum, so to speak. With the speakers in the fairing taking care of the top of the spectrum. Im tall,... so i plan on also adding the 6" Hog tune speakers I have already, to the back. If you dont sit back far. I'll bet at a shorter angle from the speakers in the lowers. You wont hear them as well. The angle or projection of the sound is an important factor.

zoood

COOL...looks good,I may look into that myself....

The Bose speakers are found in their shelf type cabinets. Dont bother calling Bose about the application like I did. They get all bent outta shape if you tell them your using their product for something other than their design. But the Bose. their entirely made out of a rubber compound. Im sure if you could isolate the wires. They would play under water with no damage to them at all. Also the aluminum I used for mounting the speakers in there. You will want to get the trim panel edging thats found at a dealership PT# 61648-85 Glue that to the metals edge. I use 2 auto carpet screws to hold it in place at the bottom of the plate (not shown in this picture)and used 2 of those plastic things ( forget the name) that you just press into holes and it allows for a screw to bite into it.

RJ

Last edited:
The bose look great but I dont want to start mixind speakers I wanted the boom audio high performance lower fairing kit cant seem to find it. i know they make it its on the 2011 cvo the hog tunes are good i had the on my last bike thanks guys

The bose look great but I dont want to start mixind speakers I wanted the boom audio high performance lower fairing kit cant seem to find it. i know they make it its on the 2011 cvo the hog tunes are good i had the on my last bike thanks guys

I hear ya on your choice. But since the 2011's are so new. Thats probably why you cant find it out on the market yet.

I did my lowers up this way. because it's what I could afford. Besides the time to make it. It cost me about 65.00 total. Got the speakers in their original enclosures for 45.00 off E-bay.

Back