free website stats program Low Rider console for Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Rider console for Street Bob

66cruiser

I'm in the process of gathering the necessary parts to install a Low Rider console with tach on my 06 Street Bob. It looks as if the wiring for the 2 bikes is the same except for the lack of tach harness on the SB. On the Low Rider, all the connections are parallel with the speedometer. Can I hook the 5 connections necessary for the tach directly to the SB speedometer? Or is there a difference in the ECM which would require me to run the data line from the tach to pin 3 on the ECM connector? Or do I have it all confused?? Thanks for any advice.

If they were both from a post 04 model, it should work both being serial bus systems. Your best bet would be using the #3 terminal in the ecm plug for the tach. Some have said that they got incorrect readings hooked in up at the back of the speedo.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think I'll jumper it first to the speedo then to pin 3 & see if there's any difference in idle RPM.. if so I'll hook up to pin 3. Thanks again.

Just received the connector for the tach & finished the wiring. I made all 5 connections directly from the speedometer to the tach including the data line & it works perfectly.
LRconsolew-leds.jpg

DSCN1890.jpg

looks good, i was hoping you could let me kmow what year the tank console is from, i cant seem to find a black one

Back