free website stats program Low Profile Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Profile Windshield

Nitrocrushr

I would like to put a low profile windshield on my Ultra Classic, but I would like to get one that doesn't cause the wind buffeting. I got one with the bike and I put it on today and did not like ti at all. It is an almost blacked out low profile windshield (I'm guessing it might be 6" when installed). It looks awesome, but at speeds above 45mph I get tremendous turbulance that just about pull my sunglasses off.

I remember hearing talk about a low profile windshield for the touring models that had some kind of a lip along the top that addressed the issue of the wind buffeting, but I can't find them anywhere. Anyone have any insight on this? Is there such a thing as a low profile windshield that doesn't cause the buffeting?

Steve

Clearveiw shields I am 6'1" and put an 8" smoked recurve on last year and I absolutely love this shield.They will even let you send it back after it's been tested as long as there is no damage.Some of the best money I've spent.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will take a look at the clear view recurve. I'm 6'1" as well......hopefully i can find somehting that works.

I really don't mind the wind in my face. It is the buffeting that I didn't like. It was as if I was sitting in a vacuum. I stood up on the floor boards a little bit and as soon as I got out of that turbulance zone I was fine. Even though I was directly in the wind when I stood up, I had moved out of the turbulance zone and it was much better.

Steve

Clearveiw shields I am 6'1" and put an 8" smoked recurve on last year and I absolutely love this shield.They will even let you send it back after it's been tested as long as there is no damage.Some of the best money I've spent.

I agree 100% I put a Clearview shield on my Road Glide and could not believe the difference. With the stock shield the buffeting would try to rip my shades off, helmet or not. With the Clearview I only have minor buffeting at around 55 to 65mph with the helmet and practically none bareheaded.

I have one of the Jacks flaps vests and they do work well. It stops the updraft of wind under the shield very well. No helmet lifting at all when I use it. Worth the price at double what it is IMO and it's not expensive at all considering the good quality of the vest.

I think I'll be picking up a new windshield today. I was all set to call that H-D dealer that had just gotten 30 Clearviews in (mentioned in another thread), but the more I looked at the shape of the recurve, the more I didn't like it.... There's a dealer about an hour from me that has the Harley 6-1/2" and 9" in stock. Plus the adjustable air deflectors. Nice day for a ride :^D

I think I'll be picking up a new windshield today. I was all set to call that H-D dealer that had just gotten 30 Clearviews in (mentioned in another thread), but the more I looked at the shape of the recurve, the more I didn't like it.... There's a dealer about an hour from me that has the Harley 6-1/2" and 9" in stock. Plus the adjustable air deflectors. Nice day for a ride :^D

Does anyone have a photo of the "recurve" type windshield?

Back