free website stats program Lousy tire recommendation | Harley Davidson Forums

Lousy tire recommendation

I pretty much take anything I read anywhere and run it by the good, knowledgeable folks here on this forum. Worked great so far!!

I think the Dr. speaks the truth. Seen lots of good advice and opinions in this forum. Hmmm...maybe we should all be buying stock in Johnson & Son Inc, they make Pledge????????:D

About 6 months ago someone on the Thursday news section of Bikernet.net
posted a high recommendation for Continental Milestones. (EDIT) You'll be lucky to have measurable center tread after 5k. We're talking an Ultra..I'm
60 ..200lbs and my lady is 115lbs..riding mostly flat with some Virginia foothills. No excuse for that.
I was only getting about that out of the back tires on my '99 RK and '03 RG/EG mutt. I ran Dunlops and Avons. I only got ~7K on my '04. I can't imagine getting more than 10K like some of these guys are talking about. I must have a heavier left wrist.

What's clutch use have to do with tire wear - burnouts?!?! :D

I ran the conti's and got about 9k out of them. They rode ok but there was just something about them I didn't like. I switched to Metzlers and have been fairly happy with them. The last 2 sets on the front though have had a cupping issue. I think I'm going to try some Dunlops next time and see if they do any better.

Bubba

Are you running the 402's
correct air presure I check that every week , and installed cerrectly?
I have seen were tire was installed off abit did not effeect ride but wore tires fast.
I have seen all of the above greatly reduce milage.
Other factors quick take offs and hard braking also tend to reduce motorcycle tires quickly.
My RG is ridden 50% two and has some load on it every time I ride it. The frist rear I changed early at 12,200 was start of the spring riding and I did not want to have to do it when shop was busy. That replacement now has 12,800 on it I will either change it out over winter or firat 1,500 miles this spring. front still has a ways to go.
This runs the same with other bikes I have run the 402's on
I run them on my Fb also

Cupping may also be caused by improperly balanced tires. Also the diagonal tread pattern of some tires at the center can cup more easily than the ribbed pattern of conventional Dunlop treaded tires...(speaking from experience here).:s

Whoa...did you see the THUD when he lands back on the front tire! That ain't no pocket-rocket...and to anybody thinking about duplicating that stunt....
I wouldn't try that at home!

I'll try it. Can I borrow YOUR bike?:D

Back